Crane Hire: Safety
Without a doubt, safety has to be the chief focus of any crane hire company in the UK. Here at CraneHireUK, we recognise that we have a responsibility to ensure that we protect our employees, our clients, members of the local community and the environment. We therefore follow all regulations required by law for crane hire, and also have our own guidelines in place that we consistently follow.
What do we do?
The importance of safety is something that we convey to all members of staff through rigorous, regular and up-to-date safety training. This is presented through a variety of mediums to ensure that employees are fully informed. Group training sessions, instructional videos and regularly updated bulletins are just a few of the ways that we communicate this information. As a responsible crane hire company, we also make sure that all of our vehicles are regularly inspected and tested. We also replace the cranes in our fleet once they are past a certain age to ensure that they are all of the highest standard.
Along with the vehicles, our sites also receive frequent inspections where we check that they are as safe as they can possibly. Our methods and practices are also constantly being assessed and reviewed, so that we can guarantee work is being completed as effectively and safely as possible.
What practices do we follow?
There are a number of laws and regulations that all crane hire companies in the UK need to adhere to for the safety of their employees, customers and anyone else who may affected. Some of the crane-specific regulations that we abide by include:
• Regulations laid out by the Construction Plant Hire Association (Certified)
• ‘The Safe Use of Cranes’ under the BS7121
• The Lifting Operations and Lifting Equipment Regulations 1998 (LOLER)
These regulations help to give you, the customer, the peace of mind when hiring a crane that all hire companies are working to the same standards. The general principles of the above are as follows:
• That all equipment related to crane hire is strong and stable enough to do the job which it is being rented to do
• That all jobs assigned to the crane hire company are planned effectively to minimise risk
• That all equipment is positioned in the safest way possible when onsite
• That all components of the cranes are inspected thoroughly and regularly
CraneHireUK: the safe choice
When you choose to hire a crane with us, you are guaranteed to receive a service that has safety at the forefront of the operation. With our expertly trained staff, frequently checked vehicles and up-to-date practices, you get the peace of mind of knowing all safety needs are fully taken care of.
Health and Safety Policy Statement Crane Hire UK
General statement of intent:-
The company will provide and maintain, so far as is reasonably practicable, a safe and healthy working environment and will enlist the support of employees in the achievement of these goals.
The company undertakes to comply or exceed the statutory health and safety requirements
Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 as well as all applicable regulations that are, or may be made under the Act, from time to time.
- Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations
- Lifting Operations and Lifting Equipment Regulations
- BS 7121 Safe Use of Cranes
- Occupation Health and Safety Regulations
- Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1992 (PUWER)
- Working at Height Regulations 2005
- Providing adequate control of the health and safety risks arising from the company’s work activities
- Providing and maintaining safe plant and equipment
- Ensuring the safe handling of substances
- Consulting with it’s employees on matters that affect their health and safety
- Providing information, instruction and supervision for its employees and those others directly affected by its activities
- Ensuring that employees are competent to carry out their tasks, and give them adequate training
- Preventing accidents and cases of accident related ill health
- Maintaining safe and healthy working conditions
- Reviewing and revising this policy at regular intervals
Crane Hire UK will provide goods and services that are of fit for purpose and are of merchantable quality. These goods and services shall be in accordance with the quality thresholds agreed at the time of ordering.
Crane Hire UK will at all times endeavour to provide high quality services that meet the reasonable expectations of its customers.
The company will actively endorse:
- The provision of safe operations at all times
- The constant delivery of excellent customer delivery thus achieving high levels of care and customer satisfaction
- The monitoring and reviewing of quality throughout the business and its activities
- The sponsoring of activities that promote a reliable company to the company’s customers and potential customers
- Maintenance of competent, trained and motivated workforce
- Sustained environmental responsibility
- Sustained performance at such levels that will enhance the reputation of the company and promote planned growth
- Provision of goods and services that will enhance the value and worth of the company
Environmental Policy Statement
The company is sensitive to the impact of its activities upon the environment and the need to play its part in the protecting the environment. As Managing Director, I am aware, with concern, about the impact of the company’s activities upon customers, other contractors and agencies, as well as the wider population.
We are therefore committed to:-
- Consider environmental protection equally with other quality objectives
- Consider environmental protection equally with other health and safety challenges
- Actively look to reducing the use of scarce and non renewable resources
- Select and obtain materials that are judged, through their full life, to have the least adverse impact on the environment
- Meeting the legislative requirements as a minimum standard within the operation of the company
- Ensuring that customers, contractors and sub contractors and others are aware of the company’s environmental credentials
- Bringing the Environmental Policy to the attention of all staff
- Reviewing the policy annually
- Specific actions
Waste management – Waste will be minimised and licensed contractors will dispose of waste. All waste shall be disposed of in accordance with legislation and best practice.
Recycling – Purchases shall be made with the intention that materials shall be from sustainable sources, wherever possible
Noise, dust and light – The activities of the company shall be moderated to afford the minimum impact from dust, noise and light pollution.
The law – environmental impact assessments shall be carried out from time to time to ensure that the requirements of the law are being met
Objectives – The company will set, review and monitor environmental objectives and to this end the employees shall be encouraged to contribute